Celebratory + Apology Giveaway

Aloha, booknerds! I know, I know, I have been so MIA these past few weeks, er, months. Since January, my posts have been irregular. My last blog post was almost 3 weeks ago (gasp!) and I haven't visited other blogs as well. Much as I'd like to apologize, I know I shouldn't because as one blogger said before, "it's your life, it's your space, you can use it or not." Or something to that effect.

Life has been super crazy lately -- but good crazy. This April was spent traveling and planning trips. I joined a tour group (where I knew no one -- another feat for my introvert self!) and I had such a blast that I ended up signing up for more tour groups. I also visited Cebu recently. Traveling has been eating up some of my reading and blogging time. As much as I appreciate how reading allows me to explore different worlds, the actual act of going out and seeing the world is so much better. Of course, the ideal way of doing it is bringing books with you on your travels. And since I love traveling and plan to do more of it, I am setting up a new travel blog which I hope you'll also check out. :)

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="569"]Banaue Rice Terraces Checking Banaue Rice Terraces off my bucket list :)[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="555"]Gaia Cafe Awesome new friends[/caption]

sunrise

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="639"]Philippine Taoist Temple in Cebu Philippine Taoist Temple in Cebu[/caption]

Oslob beach

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="399"]Aguinid Falls Aguinid Falls was the best![/caption]

Speaking of Cebu... you know my friend, Laila, who's guested on this blog a few times last year? We finally met in Cebu (she was my tour guide hahaha) and we met up with Roseby of Blah Blah Notebook, who's also from Cebu. I went home with 3 books and lots of bookmarks courtesy of these ladies. Booknerds unite!

On the bookish front, I finally finished Clockwork Angel! Although I still think it was dragging, for the most part I liked it. I also finished reading The DUFF and this amazing dystopia I got from NetGalley, Material Girls.

I can't help but think that 2015 is looking really good. I've been going out more, meeting so many new people, learning new things, and gaining new bookish and non-bookish friends... and that's a reason to celebrate, right?

Aaaand, did you know that I also celebrated The Bookshelf Intruder's first blogoversary? Well, not entirely true. You see, I migrated from Tumblr to Wordpress in February last year. But I started getting active in June. So, is my blogoversary in February or June? I don't know and I don't really care that much -- I'm just really happy that I got this far because it sure wasn't easy work and that I met awesome people along the way. :)

In celebration of all these awesome, crazy things that's been happening in my life (and also as a form of apology for being MIA), I'm giving away a copy of Stephanie Perkins' Lola and the Boy Next Door to one lucky PH reader. For international peeps, you have a chance to win a book of your choice from Book Depository.




Terms:
1. You must be at least 13 years old to join.
2. No cheating! Don’t pick up entries for something you haven’t done.
3. Please use a valid email address because I’ll be sending you an email if you win. If the winner doesn’t respond to my email within 48 hours, I will choose another winner.
4. I am not responsible for any items lost in the mail.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Good luck and I hope you stick around as I slowly but surely come back to the book blogoverse. :)

23 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about being gone! Traveling is a totally valid (and awesome) excuse for not having time to post! I'm also a huge traveller myself! I'm hoping to spend eleventh grade studying in France and seeing the parts of Europe I have't seen yet. So I will most definitely check out that travel blog of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to study in France?! I'm so jelly!!! I've always wanted to see Paris because I loved Anna and the French Kiss so much. I hope that plan of yours pushes through and looking forward to seeing photos. ;) Thanks for dropping by, Maddy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! The waterfall looks especially fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're brave! I wish I have to guts to join something like that. Meeting new friends and traveling at the same time? That's awesome!

    I hope we'll see more of you soon, but no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was super fun, Breenah! Thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to do it, Joy, as part of the healing process post-breakup. Hahahaha! And it worked because now I'm feeling so much better and I have new awesome friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some kind of tongue twister for me, this word blogoversary. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! Hi Jiezllll!!! May natutunan kang bago noh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. JOOOYYY!!! thanks for the special mention...very nice photos...yeah next adventure travel photography/blogging ka naman...anyways...Congrats for turning ONE YEAR! so i made sure to join ur giveaway! yung BD lang hehehe! kc may lola na ako :) this is such a nice apology! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trafelling with a group tour is amazing. You can meet new people and maybe have more new connections :) i once joined the international group and my travel companions are from many different countries. At first it was awkward, but days later we were so close :)

    Ps: your photos are all great. Try Lombok or Manado in Indonesia if you havent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vania! Yes, it was a great experience. I'd love to do it again soon. :D

    I haven't been to Indonesia but I plan to go there next year. Visiting Malaysia in June. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Lai! I don't even know when the exact anniversary is... I guess I'll celebrate it twice a year? Hahahaha!

    Share the giveaway to your friends, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, it looks like you've been having a lot of fun, Joy! I would love to travel more, but since I'm still a student, I don't really have the time or the funds to travel. I've been to Cebu before though, and it's such a fabulous place. :) So awesome that you made a lot of new friends, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are preaching to the choir! I've been absent from my blog as well. I actually started blogging when I was traveling through Europe!!! Now I 'm moving and graduating and doing all kinds of things but it's great!! You have to live your life and it's fantastic hearing all these places you've gone and how exciting it is, I'm really happy for you!!!! Keep traveling, exploring, reading, and have a blast while you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. But you went to Japan recently right? I've never been there so I'm quite jelly. Hehehe

    See you soon, Aimee! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, thanks so much, Taylor! I'm really enjoying myself and I can say with certainty that I'm much happier now than I was last year. I have so much on my plate and I get exhausted sometimes but I get to do things I love and meet nice people along the way so I'm thankful. Congrats on your graduation, love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes yes. :D I hope I win on your pa-contest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joy, special mention much.. hehehe... Thanks for the book.
    I'm glad you enjoyed Cebu. Happy Anniversary and may you have more books to intrude.. heheh.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, how was I not following you on Twitter before?! Eep, forgive me!
    So glad to see you having a wonderful time on your travels Joy. If travelling was free, you'd probably never see me in the same place ever again. :P Thanks for sharing your awesome photos with us.

    And congratulations on reaching your one year anniversary! The first year is seriously such a huge milestone, I'm so proud of you for sticking with it - and I'm so glad to have met you on this blogging journey. :D

    Thanks for the awesome giveaway lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Vee! I'm coming back earlier than I planned to, probably this July because some of my Sagada friends are planning to visit Camotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much, Joy, both for your kind words and for finally following me on Twitter. Hahahaha!

    If traveling is free, I'd just up and quit my day job now. ;)

    The first year is truly not easy (does it ever get easy?) but it was sooo fun. I'm glad I stuck around (god knows how many times I thought about just quitting) because I got to learn a lot and meet cool people like you along the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. So that's whyyyyy! :D I saw your photos on Facebook and it really looked like you enjoyed the trip and I do believe that we need some breaks. (I cannot wait for mine :D) Thanks so much for this giveaway and I'm looking forward to the reviews!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so happy that everything is going well for you. I wish i could also travel someday and meet new friends.

    Congrats on a new milestone and thanks for the awesome giveaway! I'm a new follower, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete